Lela Choate wanted to make a holiday meal. She never dreamed it would end with her in the hospital.
Just a couple of days before Christmas 2021, the Bartlesville resident was preparing to cook deep-fried ribs for her family when a grease fire started and quickly escalated before burning out of control. The blaze charred portions of Choate’s home, which she had lived in for 25 years, down to the studs.
Fortunately, Choate survived the incident, but she did experience burns on the left side of her head, hands and chest. She was transported by ambulance to the Alexander Burn... Read More »