The Pastoral Care Department
Partially endowed by the Benjamin S. Patrick, Jr. Pastoral Care Fund, Hillcrest’s Pastoral Care Department has been providing spiritual care, clinical pastoral education and counseling for over 40 years.
Jacob George, Director of Pastoral Care and CPE
- Provides 24/7 pastoral care
- Pastoral Care Coordinator
- CPE Coordinator
- Administrative assistant
- Four CPE residents, six CPE interns
- Five associate chaplains
Clinical Pastoral Education
Hillcrest offers the only Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) program in Tulsa. The program, which is administered by a certified CPE supervisor with multiple years of experience as a healthcare chaplain, is for clergy, members of religious orders, seminary students, and qualified lay persons of all faith groups.
CPE is graduate theological education and experiential learning in an interactive group environment and clinical setting. Students accepted into the program serve as chaplains throughout the hospital in a variety of situations including crisis, trauma and end-of-life. Students who are interested in applying for CPE must be able to work in an interdisciplinary, ecumenical, inter-faith and multi-cultural environment. Curriculum content focuses on the formation of pastoral identity and professional functioning. Students learn critical thinking and relating skills for ministry through peer and supervisor consultation, clinical case studies, educational seminars, and more.
The Clinical Pastoral Education program at Hillcrest is fully accredited by:
The College of Pastoral Supervision and Psychology
PO Box 162, Times Square Station
New York, NY 10108
CPE Programs include:
- Summer Internship - This program begins the first Monday of every June and involves over 40 hours a week for twelve weeks. Applications accepted until program is full (4-6 students). Tuition is $475.
- Extended Program - Time commitment is one day a week for at least 20 weeks. The program will begin mid-Fall and/or Spring of each year. Documented clinical service at Hillcrest is required. Applications accepted until program is full. Tuition is $750.
- Residency Program - Residency requires a nine-month commitment. Residents are paid a stipend of $21,000 for nine months with optional benefits. A previous unit of CPE is required. The program begins the first week of September and is limited to five participants. No tuition is charged for Residents.
A non-refundable processing fee of $25.00 made out to Hillcrest Medical Center is required for each application. Applicants who have been accepted into a summer internship unit or extended unit at Hillcrest will be asked to submit a $100.00 non-refundable deposit to guarantee their placement in the program. The deposit will be applied to the tuition. For application form click here or contact:
Pastoral Care Department
Hillcrest Medical Center
1120 S. Utica Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74104
Click here to download the Application for Clinical Pastoral Education (PDF)
Please inquire about the program at:
email@example.com or call 918.579.6210