Request Medical Records

Download Request Medical Records Form

The Medical Records Department is open Mon - Fri from 8am - 4pm, and is available at 918-579-2000.

Frequently Asked Questions for Health Information/Medical Records

Q - Is there a charge for copies of my records?
A - Yes, if you or someone else is picking up the records there is a fee of $1 for the first page and $.50 for each additional page per Oklahoma State Law. If you would like them to go directly to a physician, we can send them to the physician's office at no fee. If you are requesting copies of your x-ray films, these are free for the first request. After that they are $5 per sheet and/or $20 per CD.

Q - What is the average TAT for you to process my request for records?
A - BAILEY ONLY We ask for a 3 business day expected TAT. Typically we can do them in 24hours.
A - HMC ONLY We have a 5 business day expected TAT. There are several instances in which we can process them quicker.

Q - When I come to pick up my records, do I need to bring anything with me?
A - Yes, when picking up records a photo ID has to be provided. The same is required if someone else is picking up records for you (after you have authorized them to do so).

Q - Can my spouse or family member pick up my records for me?
A - Someone else can pick up your records, AS LONG AS, the Authorization for Health Information form has been completed with that person's name filled in as authorized to pick up the records and your signature is on the form. We will then compare your signature with what we have on file to validate the authorization. Your spouse, mom, etc., will then have to provide a photo ID.

Q - I have a Power of Attorney - can I pick up records?
A - Yes, of course. We just need to have a copy of the correct POA form on file or you can bring a copy of it with you. Ensure that the medical/billing/records section is filled out on the POA in order for us to let you have copies of the records.

Q - Can I get my billing records from you?
A - Unfortunately you are not able to pick those up from us but you can call 866-948-1444 and speak with our central billing office and they can get you what you need.

Q - Why are you so picky about the forms being filled out and everything being just right?
A - We have to work under the laws provided to us by the government. There are Federal HIPAA laws as well as State Laws that are very specific on what we can and cannot allow. We do follow those laws to the strictest letter of the law in order to ensure that we protect our patients privacy.

Q - Can anyone get access to my records like a spouse or if I am in a lawsuit the other party?
A - Please refer to the Notice of Privacy Practices (insert link) for specific on how we use your information. If the information falls outside of that scope, we must have a signed authorization by you in order to release it to anyone else.